Monday, August 22, 2011

Zoya Midori; Layered and Stamped!

Zoya Midori, topped with Chanel Illusion D'or, stamped with Konad White special polish.




Here's mani in progress; two coats of Zoya Midori.



Topped with one coat of Chanel Illusion D'or. I remember when this came out and layering with it was all over the net. Don't see much of it now, I guess because so there's so many other cool layering options...and so much creativity in the blogesphere!



Then stamped using Konad special polish in white.



Added a few dots in Konad pastel yellow.



This pix shows the stamping a little better.


I really like that this stamp shows the layering combo and the polish doesn't get lost in the stamping as sometimes happens. Its always a challenge for me to come up with a stamp that lets the polish still shine through. Feel free to click to enlarge.




I also want to say a huge "thank you" to everyone for checking out my little blog and it hitting another follower milestone-600 over the weekend! Thanks so much!

Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

  1. Really love this combination! Its so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so deliciously pretty. I never even thought of using a dotting tool to accent stamped images. I am so going to try that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful shade of green, and the stamping really complements it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mani! I love the green/gold combo, and the stamping is just flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful and congratulations on passing 600! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg this is amazing!!! i love everything you do

    did you see the new plates I recently found on my blog btw sweetie - there is a xmas and Halloween plate http://spellbindingnails.blogspot.com/2011/08/big-sdp-b-green-metallic-crush-new.html

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarahlouise: Thx for the tip on those plates; I emailed Beautiful Scratchers this morning actually and asked her to set them aside for me...Jenna at BS's is actually in Toronto...I've gotten IP's from her a few times and lots of her stamping polishes (you should try them some time; the hot pink is to die for; I just asked for a backup bottle!) She usually drops off the plates and polishes I buy from her in person and we always chat about nails and stamping...its so nice to have someone to talk with who shares you're same interest and not think you're cray-cray!

    PS: My order from Shirley of her new plates should be arriving any day...can't wait for them either!

    I'm so glad we stampers are finally getting some options...some of the detailed image plates and those that fit themes are amazing!
    I also submitted a comment in Shirley's blog about having her redo all the plates that didn't stamp so well from the first set of plates she released as she has some great ideas there too....if only they would stamp better....I know you know what I'm talking about....so go leave her a comment too about this and we might get them! lol!

    Can't wait to see the new mani's you come up with...and loving Thumper in your post today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooooooooot! Absolutely one of my favorites! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! Your nail art is always sooooo beautiful!! I love them so much~:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This mani is so awesome!!
    I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! I should dig out my bottle of Illusion d'Or.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. You are so good at stamping

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!