Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Layla Holo Tiger Stripes


When the Layla Hologram Effects were available for sale at Ulta a while back, I made the trek to the U.S. one bright and early Sunday morning to make sure I didn't miss out on them.  I had been calling them all week to see what day they would be on the shelf....and they kept on telling me they didn't know and to call back. (OK, reading this back makes me seem like some crazy polish freak!!)  Which it turns out was unnecessary as I was at Ulta yesterday and they still have one of every colour in stock so they are still out there if you are looking for them.  I'm guessing the $15.50 price tag has something to do with this.....   I wanted to try out these Layla's for a mani versus just stamping and remembering this mani here using my untried Essence plate, I thought I'd do something similar; this is what I came up with.



Layla Coral Glam, three coats.  I found my bottle to be a little lumpy but nothing a few drops of thinner didn't solve.  I did three coats because, as with a lot of the holo's, it was on the thin side.  Lumpy and thin...how is that possible?  But it was...


Stamped using Essence plate for stripes and A28 for tiger face using Konad black special polish.  Because SV has a tendency to dull holo's, I topped is using Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Fast Dry Top Coat that had been recommended on a friendly nail board. 



What's your thoughts on holo's?  Love?  Hate?  Give or take them?  Personally, I'm a huge fan of holo...I can remember the very first time I wore one.  It was China Glaze OMG that I scored at random beauty supply place.  I could never figure out why they were just sitting there when the nail community was so ga-ga about them.   But unless you've seen the magical holo in the sun, its just a dingy gray on the shelf which was good news for me because the OMG collex had already passed before I started to really get into polishes.  Anyway, I remember putting on OMG and then being oh, so facinated by the holo rainbow on my nails.  I was smitten!  I kept on staring at my nails....angling this way and that to see the rainbow....and my love affair with holo's began!



So, holo's....love 'em or hate 'em? And because my brain cannot fathom 'hate'em' and 'holo', please tell me why if you are a hater...just curious.....!

Thanks for looking!


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mani! My Ulta still has a lot of holos left, but the one that's farther away has nearly none--guess those ladies have more disposable income. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great mani! My Layla's were the same, lumpy and thin and just a general pain in the ass to work with. Still, the rainbows in the sun make everything better.

    I remember my first holo that started my love affair with them, it was ChG 2NITE. I couldn't stop staring at my nails in the sun, it was magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love holos :)! And your mani looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. It's difficult to get nice holos.
    I also want to take the opportunity to let you know that I am doing a small Barry m giveaway on my blog. If you want check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of holo's but just can't justify the price! I also can't find any on the shelves here in the UK but am coming to the US in December so may treat myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this mani! Very nifty. And I ADORE holo polish. I don't actually own any... [Still in polish infancy] But I've been drooling over it from pictures and hope to one day obtain some holo-y goodness for my very own.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!