Saturday, August 25, 2012

Another Year Older

Today's mani.



Started with a base of Jade Holografico Delirio Rosa, two coats, no topcoat. 


Took a few pix...even after I've had holos for a while now, I'm still fascinated by them.  


This was the first time I've wore any of the Jade holographics and I must say, I was impressed!  Application went on like butter and the holo was magnificent even in artificial lighting!  If only the bottle was bigger....!


I was having a brain freeze as to what to actually stamp on my nails.....couldn't decide what  images to use nor what stamping polish but ultimately decided to keep it simple as I was going to a family bbq today.  Used fauxnad XL K (index, ring, pinky and thumb) and W204 for middle using FUN white stamping polish.


Another pix to highlight the holo a little better. Unfortunately, when you can really see the holo....you can't see the stamping as well.


Added a little filler.  The different size stars were from isolating single stars from an image on fauxnad K, as was the Happy Birthday on the ring finger (the image said Happy Birthday to You...I just polished and scraped the Happy Birthday portion and stamped it.  I need to look up which plate this was as I didn't jot it down for some reason!)  The random flowers are from SdP 77.  Even thought I'm holding a SV bottle, the topcoat I used was SH Diamond Strength Diamond Flash Fast Dry topcoat as it doesn't seem to dull the holo's as much as SV, which was a tip I had picked up from a nail board. 



A pix this morning in the sunlight.


All in all, it was a good day.  Busy, but good.  My brother, who lives in Japan, just arrived yesterday and is here visiting for two weeks.  Today, my parents hosted a family bbq and it was nice to see all the relatives.  My bro brought me a few nail polishes from Japan, which I'm sure will be posted here some time.  My family will be spending a few more days with him, along with my parents, later in the week in cottage country and it will be good to visit with him a little longer before he heads back.

Hope you're having a great weekend...thanks for looking!


12 comments:

  1. Happppppyyyyyy birthdaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mani looks gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I have to get some JADE polish for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY Happy Birthday!!! I am so lemming all those Jade Holos-but can't really justify buying them because I own those holo colors in other brands. Or can I???????? Hope you have a great BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty holo! happiest BDay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh preetty!! happy birthday!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! That Jade holo is crazy gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I love this, the champagne glasses are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty :)

    I'm a new follower, by the way. I just read through your whole blog, and I love your manicures so much! So creative :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!