Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Whimsy; Day 3

This post post should probably be called "50 Tips on How NOT to Water Marble" but Simply Nailogical already did a post here about water marbling fails and I don't think we need another post or video about it! Anyway, here's my dismal water marbling fail for Day 3 of Digit-al Dozen does whimsy!


I've tried water marbling a few times now; the very first time that I tried it was by far the best end result and even then it wasn't that good.  I've tried several times since then using not only Pipe Dream Polishes but others and the only polishes I can get somewhat decent to marble are the Pipe Dreams.  I'm sure this is user error and hopefully one day I'll get better at it, but for now, Pipe Dreams it is.  So started with these Pipe Dreams to create the water marble, which were over a base of two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.


No pix of finished water marble as some were really bad and the stamping covered the fails BUT I had this happen to my index finger on my first attempt to stamp on top of the water marbling.  I'm guessing it was from too much wet polish from the water marbling and smudged when I stamped.  So while I was doing cleanup, removed it and redid another water marble design on it.



I had exactly the same thing happen on the index finger again but this time, I just straightened and smooshed it as best I could like it was a decal because by this time, it was 1:30 am last night when I did these and I really needed to be getting to bed; just didn't have time to do it a third time.  Whatever I couldn't smoosh to cover the nail, I filled in with black polish.  So this is Chez Delany Papillons 001 using FunkyFingers Dark Knight stamped over the water marble base, no top coat.  And poor clean up but I was too tired to do better.  Note to self:  I knew it wasn't a good thing to sit down after 11 p.m. to do a water marble.



Delaney Papillons 001





Topped with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.



I think this mani might be OK to reattempt once I master, or even half master, water marbling.  Until then, sorry you had to see it!

Here's the other ladies Day 3 whimsy nails!


An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Loved your finished look, that's a lot of dedication to a design. I'm not a fan of watermarbling but I love the finished look.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. These came out really pretty! I think you're being too hard on yourself. This reminds me of the aurora borealis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhh.... your water marble looks perfect. No fails here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!