Sunday, July 15, 2012

Gold Nails

Well, I totally missed the boat on this weeks FB Adventures in Stamping Challenge.  It was suppose to be Precious Stones...either base colour of jewel tones or stamping of precious stones.  So the colours I picked out where gold related....only to realize later that gold is not a gem!  Anywayyyyyy, here's what I came up with.


Started with a base of three coats of OPI Dazzled by Gold.  This is pix taken in the sun.


Shade.


Added a coat of Lynnderella Change.  Not really 'added a coat' but dabbed on here and there in hopes to get the glitter here and there!  Sun.


Shade.


Stamped using SdP 72 using black Konad special polish.  This is in the sun.


This is shade.


Another sun.


This pix was taken right after SV was applied so it looks smooth, but in actual fact, this was a topcoat eater and wasn't that even...definitely would have needed gelous and some more topcoat, but I didn't have it with me, so lived with the bumpy nails.  Its still very blingy though and this may be a good choice  to do again if I ever need some really glamourous looking nails for some function.



Hope you're having a great weekend...thanks for looking!


18 comments:

  1. Perfection! This mani looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, gold is a precious metal so that sort of counts right? lol This looks very pretty! (And I still think it counts) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! It looks gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is sooo pretty, today's challenge was hard I think....this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This mani is so classy!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, this is a great mani! Oh and citrine is a gemstone, no?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Lynnderella polish really makes this manicure pop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful stamping work, these look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I just discovered your blog about 5 minutes ago (haha), and fell in love immediately because you're Canadian! First of all, you are very talented. Second, I LOVE painting my nails and doing nail art, and your blog will give me tons of new inspiration. Lastly, I was wondering (because I am Canadian too), where do you get some of your nail polish? I have a very hard time trying to find OPI, Seche Vite, and a good matte top coat, and am wondering where you get yours. I have no clue whether we live in the same area, but am hoping maybe you can help me. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty :)
    I gave you an award that you inspire me ;)
    http://dutch-diana.blogspot.nl/2012/07/i-got-some-awards.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!