Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bright Summer Nails

The weekly FB Adventures in Stamping challenge was your new favourite plate.  I thought I'd try to incorporate a new favourite plate with some bright, fun, summer nails for the weekend......here's what I came up with.


Started with a base of two coats of Julie 9 to 5.  This is sun pix.


Julie 9 to 5 in the shade.


Sponged using Julie Bikini.  I was oddly fascinated with the sponging on my fingers...this is in the sun...


This is in the shade.  These pix also show me that I'm applying far too much polish on the sponge for the gradient as I think I got more on my skin then the nails! lol!


After cleanup.  In the sun.

In the shade.


Stamped using Milani One Coat Fast Dry in Fast Fuchsia.  I picked up a few of these Milani one coaters on my last cross border shopping trip as they were on sale as I remembered reading that they work well for stamping...and couldn't pass the sale up.  Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I picked up these Julie nail polishes on the same trip. The stamping plate is XL 33.  I thought this one worked pretty well; I still have to try out the black and white Milani's.


Another pix in the shade.


A couple of my favourite stamping plates are XL 33 and XL 35 right now.  I'm slowly getting more and more into the polishes, layering, different techniques, etc.....but haven't given up my love of stamping.  These plates have a lot of designs that you can see an interesting stamped design, yet still allow lots of the polish to show underneath.  Win-Win!  Here's a mani I did with XL 33 not too long ago.  I've done a few others; just haven't gotten around to posting them. 



XL 33 is available at MyOnlineShop as well as Fab Ur Nails.  (For MyOnline Shop, go to the tab that says About and ordering information is there.)

Hope you had a fantastic weekend...thanks for looking!


11 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!