Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Nails

With Halloween less than two weeks away, I thought I had better start to do some Halloween mani's.  Here's the mani I'm wearing today.


Did a sponge gradient for some mock candy corn over a base of two coats of OPI Bride's Bouquet (no pix of plain white as I've shown it many times before...and my posts are pix heavy enough!)  The colours used were Revlon Alluring Amber (orange), China Glaze Go Lucky (yellow) and OPI Bride's Bouquet (white).  My sponging technique still needs work... I'm sponging more of my skin than my nails which happened the last time I did this too!


After cleanup.  Sort of judging by this pix.


For a little accent glitter accent, added LA Colors Sparkling Apricot on index and ring fingers. 


Topped with Girly Bits Candy Corn, then SV.


Stamped using T23 (pumpkin on index, cat on ring and web on thumb), T29 (witch on middle), Dash 17 (skeleton on pinky) with Konad black special polish.


Filled in some bare spots by adding images from D04 (Boo on index) T29 and T43 (bat above cat on ring and random spiders on middle, pinky and thumb).


Topped with SV. 


Here's a rare glimpse of my right hand.  I used a base of two coats of OPI Bride's Bouquet, topped with layer of Girly Bits Candy Corn, then added stamping.  I didn't jot down the plate numbers as I didn't think I was going to share but some of the same images were used as other hand.


Hope you're having a great week....thanks for looking!


19 comments:

  1. This is fab!!! The base is also perfect for a fall mani!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I definitely need to start some Halloween manicures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how your sponging turned out! And I loovvveee Candy Corn from Girly Bits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these. Your sponging gradient when all cleaned up looks GREAT! I also make a huge mess doing it - I now put a lot of oil around my nail beds when sponging and it makes for a much easier clean up also my skin around the nails does not get so dried out scrubbing with the acetone. Love the stamping plate here - I don't think that one is 'around' in the states...I have to look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great helloween mani!!!!!!!!!!! so many layering I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are soooo cute!! This makes me think I am defiantly starting my Halloween manis now!(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gradient and the stamping is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, fantastic!! I love, love, love both manis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so awesome, I love the gradient, then the glitter and stamping, adds to many layers, beautiful layers just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh these are great! beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who manufactures those plates? I couldn't figure it out via google. :( Gorgeous mani! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So AWESOME!! Just perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cool! I love that thumb stamp! I even like it with the right hand and just white!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!