Sunday, May 19, 2013

NPB Glitter A-Peel

Recently, a couple new products came on the market to assist with glitter removal.  One was piCture pOlish Revolution, which I've bought but have yet to try; the other is Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter A-Peel that I decided to try with my last glitter mani for bling week.


While piCture pOlish Revolution makes the removal with a cotton ball and removal easier, NPB Glitter A-Peel is peeled off.  After doing some research on the way it's used on the NPB blog here, on bare nails, I layered two coats of NPB Glitter A-Peel on my nails.  I then did my normal base routine which in my case is one coat of Sally Hansen Nail Quencher and one coat of Instant Artificials.  Continued with my mani as normal, which was two coats of OPI Dazzled by Gold, two coats of Lynnderella Change, one coat of Gelous, one coat of Hongkong Girl topcoat, then stamped and finished with a last coat of Hongkong Girl topcoat.  This is what the mani looked like.


For removal, I won't lie, I was a bit skeptical of taking an orange stick to my nails and trying to peel this glitter bomb off; I was especially concerned about damaging my nails or if an extreme amount of pressure was needed. But I did take an orange stick at the free edge and pushed ever so slightly.  To my surprise, it popped up with no real force or issue.


Pushed it a little more ....


....then it popped right off.  No effort at all!


This is another finger but the glitter pops right off like this.


This pix, you can see the whole glitter part literally popped off.  This pix is right after the polish peeled off; no cleanup.


This is what NPB Glitter A-Peel looks like.



I've used Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter A-Peel several times now and haven't had any problems.  I've had the odd time that a little bit of the glitter doesn't peel off in full, but I just used remover and a cotton ball and cleaned it up.  I have to say that I find this is so much easier than the foil removal method or covering with the rubber finger things and waiting.  While they both work well, I find that the remover dries out my nails that already tend to be so dry plus there is the five to ten minutes that they need to work.  Sometimes, even then, the glitter doesn't all come off so I end up having to remove with a cotton round and remover and scrubbing anyway.  But I must say, this worked like a breeze and will be my go to glitter removal method in the future.  That is, unless I find pp Revolution works better!  This has definitely changed how often I wear glitter; while I've always loved wearing it, I usually space it out to give my nails a break because of the removal issues - but no more! 

NPB Glitter A-Peel ** is available via llarowe or NPB's Etsy store.  Both ship internationally!

Hope you're having a great weekend; thanks for looking!

**I paid for my bottle of NPB Glitter A-Peel; these are my thoughts and comments on the product!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh that looks even better than the Elmers glue method I had used. I am definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this solves the mystery of the 9 layers mani ;) From what you wrote back in that post I couldn't make out the final two. Great that this workes so well. I need to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how glitter acts for me anyhow minus the need for orange stick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I'd be afraid it would pop off before I was ready. I might have to try it anyway, since I do love my glitter and go through a lot of of Remove+ getting it off (it really does seem to keep my nails in better shape than other removers).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!