Monday, September 14, 2015

Digit-al Does Re-Creation of Digit-al Dozen; Day 1

Welcome back to Digit-al Dozen week!  I'm sorry I didn't get around to posting more indie mani's; I have lots to share still and they will show up some time as indies aren't going from the blog anytime soon!

This month's theme for Digit-al Dozen is re-creation of Digit-al Dozen mani's.  As I have no free hand skills to speak of at all and didn't want to recreate another ladies stamping mani, I decided to take a free hand mani and put my stamping spin on it!  So my mani will never be 100% like the mani's I'm re-creating as the mani I'm re-creating will be freehand and mine will be stamped.  

Here's my Day 1 Digit-al Dozen Re-creation Mani with inspiration from Ashley Is PolishAddicted!


I recreated the M & M's mani featured by Ashely is Polish Addicted in the Digit-al Dozen Does Food challenge last month.


I made a few stamper decals to start using an image from FUN 7 and acrylic paints.




Even thought I was pretty sure the decal would cover most of the nail, there were a few little voids so did one coat of Essie Snap Happy with top coat before applying the decal.


Once the decal is dried, it is removed from the stamper.  It is curved the opposite way of the nail, so I invert them gently (as much as possible) so they are the same curve as my nail, and cut them down a big before applying as they are easier to apply with less decal.  I used a coat of KBShimmer on the nail then apply the decal.


All decals are applied and top coated.  I see a few areas now that could have been cleaned up better but not bad!


I did a single stamper decal of a single M & M for the accent using same FUN 7 image plate.


Added stamping of words using white Konad special polish using image from MJ XIV and top coated to finish.


Did my right hand a little different; this would be cool with skittles I think!


We have some exciting new in the Digit-al Dozen as well!  The super talented Mina from Cubbiful has joined the Digit-al Dozen!  You may be familiar with her nail art but if not, please visit her blog to check out lots of awesome mani's!  And she'll be joining in future Digit-al Dozen mani's too...maybe even this week but not sure and don't want to pressure her as she just joined!  lol!  

Here's the other ladies Day 1 mani's!


An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!