Monday, December 14, 2015

Digital Dozen Does Traditions; Day 1

It's Digit-al Dozen week!  This month, our theme is traditions.  While they don't have to be centered around the holidays, because its so close to Christmas, all mine will be (I think, because I haven't finished all five yet; but that's the plan anyway lol).  For Day 1, I did a mani based on leaving a letter along with milk and cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve, and carrots for the reindeer.  I did this as a child, as did my children. Some years, we even left Santa an onion because 'Santa' hates onions lol.  Here's what I came up with!  


Started with a base of Pure Ice Shore Bet, two coats, no top coat.


Added coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.

I wanted a little bit of background interest for the stamper decals i had made but not enough to overpower the images; went with an image from Messy Mansion MM40 using MoYou Falcon.  Top coated before applying stamper decals (no pix, as this post has enough lol).


I made five stamper decals for using images from Mundo de Unas MdU Christmas 3 (centre and ring), FUN 20 (index), Cheeky Home Sweet Home Jumbo 7 (pinky) and Big SdP P (no pix here because I messed up my first decal so had to make a second but continued along with the mani in interest of time).  For stamping polishes, used Girly Bits Emerald and FunkyFingers Dark Knight.  Filled in the stamping using assortment of acrylics.


Mundo de Unas MdU Christmas 3

Added assortment of dots on the Christmas tree for interest.


My two favourite nails!


Added words from BundleMonster BM-S217 and snowflakes for filler.  I used the clear jelly stamper for the work placement but unfortunately,  the 'AS' at the end of Christmas didn't stamp well, so tried to remove it, then restamped just those two letters.  


BundleMonster BM-S217

It was late by the time I finishedand my second thumb stamper decal wasn't dry enough to apply.  So in the morning, added the stamper decal on the thumb. 


Thought that this decals would look better matte; added coat of OPI matte to finish.


I love how this turned out but it was a lot of work looking through plates, then planning all the nails, doing the decals, filling them, waiting for them to dry,  etc etc.  It would be nice to do something this creative every day but simply not enough time!  

Here's the other ladies Day 1 mani's!



Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how long it must have taken you to create this beautiful and festive manicure for Christmas, however it simply looks greate I have a lot of Christmas templates but not the ones that you mention here (however the MdU-Christmas template is on my wish list) thank you for taking the time, effort and all the headache you had to endure while creating this manicure. Happy Christmas to you, your love ones and friends. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your hardwork has made these mani an outstanding one...Love everything here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic! You're hard work really paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your nails even without stamping! I have a great number of Christmas templates too. So, I`ll try to create a beauty nail art on my nails for this Holy Day too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!