Thursday, September 8, 2016

Jade Diamond Exuberant

When I sat down to do my nails the night I did these, I was looking for something pretty simple and easy to do as I didn't have a whole lot of time to do my nails (which is about 90% of the time lol).  Howeverrrr, thanks to some very uncooperative clear jelly stampers (aka, any brand I tried and it was a few), these nails took way longer than I wanted and eventually, I ended up using my regular semi squishy stamper and hoped for the best placement wise.  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Jade Diamond Exuberant, shown below with no top coat.  Application and cleanup was great! So sad that Jade polishes are no longer around.


Topped with a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.


Not colour accurate but love this colour lol!


I had picked an image from Born Pretty BP-L024 for some simple stamping, which would provide contrast and interest as well as shown the base nicely through.  However, this image was a PITA to pick up with any jelly stamper.  So, so, so many attempts as picking up that resulted in either part images or no image no matter what brand of jelly stamper I went with.  I fooled around with the jelly stampers for my right hand (which I usually do first as my test hand) but for these nails, I eventually went with my regular FAB semi squishy stamper and hoped for the best placement wise.  They didn't turn out that bad!  There were a couple places that I had to fill in with a brush but all in all, pretty happy how these worked out placement wise.


This is different lighting and the polish isn't that accurate colour wise but you can see in a couple places on the index and thumb that I painted in the void with a brush.  On the positive, the interest of the base shows through in these pix so its a good image to use if you are looking for this but too bad not more colour accurate!


Topped with a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.  I'm always leery of purples and greens and even some blues that the polish bleeds through when the top coat is applied turning the white stamping light purple, but happy to report that this is not one of them!


Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Tammy and the placement is great. I'll look into my stash to see if I have this one, I know I have a few of the Diamond collection. Too bad Jade is out of business, I really want the last collection, but I was not able to grab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it stamping or you painted it? I have acrylic nails and it is hard to find a good design. I've recently found http://nailartstyle.com/top-55-white-acrylic-nails and want to do something from there with the combination of your design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candy,this is stamping; I have no free hand art skill at all!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!