Saturday, December 24, 2016

Tim Hortons 2016 #WarmWishes Mani

Ever holiday season, I look forward to the seasonal cups that Tim Horton releases for their beverages. This year didn't disappoint and I've had at least one of every size over the last few weeks during my near daily trips for my morning triple-triple or sometimes a smaller regular later in the day.  So decided to do a mani based on the four different designs this year; snowman is  small, nutcracker is a medium, snowman is a large and reindeer is an extra-large.  This is what I came up with!


Started with with a base of CND Creative Play You've Got Kale, L'Oreal Plaid Please, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and China Glaze Desert Sun. All are two coats, no top coat.

Added  coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the thumb; I ultimately decided to sponge on all the colours and hoped they turned out decently as they aren't really colours that I would pick to go together.


For the sweater design, used an image from Bunny Nails HD-F using CND Green Scene over the CND and the rest are custom blends using a combination of polishes and/or MdU stamping polishes.


Topped everything off with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


I made a few stamper decals using UberChic UC Christmas-01, for snowman, Born Pretty BP-11 for collar, MJ VII for reindeer and CICI & SISI 30 for moustache on nutcracker.


Applied the stamper decals as shown below.  Whatever else shown is freehand with brush and acrylic paints or polishes.  


Topped everything off with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


For the thumb, added words from same Bunny Nails plate, accenting with holly from EJB-03 which I have used time and time again this year!  They just seem to be the perfect holly and in a great size for my nails!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


The next morning, I decided to add a coat of Girly Bits Polish Matte'rs to be more in line with the finish of the cups.


Here's what the cups looks like if you haven't seen them (photo courtesy of Tim Hortons).


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!