Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Digit-al Dozen Does Birthdays; November 2017


Happy Birthday to Serene of Copycat Claws and Marisa of Polish Those Nails who celebrated birthdays this month within the Digit-al Dozen!  Hope you both had great days!  

This is the mani I came up with based on the inspiration picture they had chosen!


I wish I was talented enough to do water marbling and would have water marbled if I could have, but it isn't one of those methods that I'm any good at.  So I decided with the drip marble method; gathered up a few polishes to use.  While it probably doesn't matter, I didn't use the two FunkyFinger polishes as they were too thick; I replaced them with OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and OPI Onyx which where runnier and therefore ran a bit better. (Please excuse my messy mani station behind!)


A sampling of the drip marbles that I would be using.


Applied the drip marbles.


Finished with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


This is the inspiration photo that the ladies had picked out that our mani's are based upon!


I thought this would be a good base to stamp on; decided to go with images from Marianne Nails Professional n.05 using Mdu 2. Not sure this was the best decision to stamp on the base, or perhaps not the best images to use in hindsight, but you know the saying....!


After adding a couple studs on the accent nail, topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Marianne Nails Professional n.05





I did the other hand slightly different as those decals are just too hard to apply using my left hand; did a base of two coats of Pahlish Bespoke Gathering Shadows, then stamped using same image, just removed the section that didn't fit fully on the nail.


Here's the other ladies November birthday mani's!



Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. I love drip marbles! This one is so pretty, with and without the stamping. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love drip marbles but I've never given it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!