Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Nature, Day 3

Here we are at Day 3 of the Digit-al Dozen weekly challenge!  This month's theme is nature. I don't do too many mani's along these lines, so it's nice that there is a challenge that forces me to do something out of the norm! Here's what I came up with for Day 3!


Started with a base of Aly's Dream Polish #61 In Bleached; this is two coats, no top coat.  I know I've worn this before, but can't remember if I've shown it swatched; so here it is again!  


Decided to go with an earthy gradient; picked other Aly's Dream Polishes to use; I find they work well for gradients!  Unfortunately, they don't sponge on that well so did layering using a brush, but because of this, they don't fade into one another gradient wise.  This is Aly's Dream Polish #16, Deep Lime.


Lastly, added Aly's Dream Polish #9 Steel Blue.


Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  

I did something that I had never completed successfully before here....if you look closely, you will see the heron faces both ways!  Have you ever had an image that you want to use on a particular finger (or thumb) but it doesn't face the right way; either because you want some variety in the same stamped image like I did here, or because an image looks better placed on your nails facing a particular way, but the transposed image doesn't exist? Even my last mani with the birds, in my mind when I was planning it, I wanted one image to face left, the next to face right; then alternate on the rest of the fingers but because not all the images fit on my nails size wise, had to just use whatever fit and too bad whatever way the birds were facing!  


Well, I thought there has to be a better way! So decided to double stamp the heron so it would be transposed so one image would face one way and the other, the opposite!  It took some trial and error with stampers and polishes and you have to be super fast but I did it!  So happy that I know now I can do this; will give more stamping options in the future!  This isn't a new technique; it's actually been around for a while, just I haven't had any success with it before!


Stamped using images from MoYou Suki Collection-09 and LS-21 using Mundo de Unas #2.


LS-21

Mo-You Suki Collection-09



Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


 There have been so many awesome mani's already this week by the ladies in the group; please be sure to check the links below to see what they came up with for Day 3 too! 



Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. I love the silhouette over the holo gradient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the holo gradient with the little oasis you've created! What stampers did you use to flip the image? I try all the time and always fail so I end up having to make a decal to flip images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used MM squishy and FabUrNails semi squishy. I tried two MM's, Magno, and assortment of others and they wouldn't work. You have to be reallyyyy fast too.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I haven't mastered the reverse imaging yet either! You've done a great job with it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, from the gradient to the images I love it all. Though I'm confused about the way you explained flipping the image. Did you stamp the heron then get another stamper transferring and transposing it? I've tried it this way, but I'm just not fast enough. Yours is great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I scraped, then put the image on one stamper, then took a second stamper and stamped onto it which transposed the image. You have to be fast and use a stamping polish that doesn't dry out quickly.

      Delete
  5. This is fantastic. I love the gradient. I've heard about that using two stampers to reverse/mirror an image but I haven't tried it. I think I will try making a decal instead, that seems more my speed. This is beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Herons, they are just amazing birds. I canoed a lot as a child and used to see them. This is just amazing, especially over the holos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I'm very impressed with the double stamping! This reminds me of those commercials (don't know if you got them there) of the Canadian Wetlands by Ducks Unlimited, where they would talk about the Loon or the Sandpiper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. one of the simplest manis i've seen you do for ages, and actually, all the more stunning for it. Love the drama of the black against the holo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!