Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Digit-al Dozen Does Birthday's; November 2016

It's time to celebrate the November birthday's in the Digit-al Dozen!  This month, Marisa, Carmina and Serene are celebrating so Happy Birthday ladies!  This is a drip marbling; it is the first time that I've ever tried this method and I do have to say that while it seemed intimidating at first, it was wayyy easier than real water marbling.  In fact, I may never do a traditional water marble again after this easy, peasy method!  This is what I came up with based on the inspiration photo which is below!


Inspirational photo!


The concept is you drip drops of polish onto a plastic lid kinda all together, then when you have all the colours added, you lift the lid and tilt it back and forth until the polishes collide and you get the desired effect you are going for.  Wait about an hour or so (I dried mine overnight), then peel the polish off the lid and apply them like a stamper decal.  So I picked 11 different polishes that I hoped were close to the colours in the inspiration photo. I lined them all up together for dripping the polish.


So this is what it looked like when I dripped the polishes; some are side by side, others are drop into drop into drop like water marbling.


After I tilted the wet polishes back and forth, it looked like this.


And here's the end result of five different lids!


I picked parts of the blobs to use for each nail hoping to get something close to the inspiration mani!  The blobs are applied like a stamper decal, so you put a coat of clean directly on the nail, when the clear is tacky, apply it to the nail. Some nails, I was pretty good for size and didn't have much cleanup; for others, I used the tool with the sharp edge to cut away the polish design from the nail.


 After cleanup, applied a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on top to finish.


Here's the other ladies mani's!


An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. These are AWESOME! I love how the purple/blue took centre stage in the final look, it's really really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty mani and so much easier to do than normal water marbling. Love the colour combo, it's amazing!
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!