Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Digit-al Dozen Does In My Garden: Day 1

It's Digit-al Dozen week!  I'm sorry I'm a day late with the post; I had the pictures uploaded yesterday but didn't have access to my notes when I sat down to write the post.  

The theme this week is in my garden; I do happen to have a garden at my home, several in fact.  They are nothing spectacular as we are away most weekends from May to Octoberish so don't plant anything needing attention or lots of water.  I do not find gardening to be theraputic in any way, shape or form so our gardens are pretty low maintenance.  As much as I don't enjoy gardening, I do love flowers; I like to look at them, take pictures, stroll through gardens and in fact oversee a lot of gardens for my work so do have a lot of interest and knowledge about them.  But while I do have an appreciation for gardening, I do not have a love of maintaining them.  Maybe this will change when I reach retirement and gardening might be something I can piddle my time away with, but hopefully that is many years away!  I do have quite a few clusters of Shasta Daisies in my gardens; this is what was used as the inspiration for my Day 1 mani!



Started with a base of two coats of Polish M Forget the Rest, no top coat.


After it had dried for about 10 minutes, did a sponged gradient using it and Polish 'M Hello, Monday.  I must say, I absolutely adore the distressed look of how this gradient turned out.  


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.



Stamped using an image from Lina 4 Seasons-Spring 02 with accent dots from Lina Feeling Shapely! 02 using Funky Fingers Gesso.


Lina 4 Seasons-Spring 02



Added dots using MdU 66.


And being me, added in even MORE dots using same MdU 66.  


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.



Here's a close up showing all the shimmer and flakes in the base polishes.  Love the colour combination and how this turned out!


Here are a couple pictures of the daisies in my garden....taken a year or two ago as they aren't in bloom yet.




Here's the other ladies Day 1 mani's!




Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!