Friday, May 15, 2020

Some Cool Layering!

I love how the addition of a topper can change up a base polish so much; I love experimenting with a a couple of different layers and seeing how it turn all turns out, like I did for these nails.  The only thing that I was bothered by, in the case of this mani anyway, was that the stamping covered up too much of the base!  You can see a good bit of it still peeking through, but I do wish I had have picked an image with finer lines.  Next time!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of one coat Zoya Danielle, no top coat.   No, that isn't a typo; it is only one coat!  It had pretty good opaque coverage and I knew I was topping this so kept it to the one.


Topped with Pahlish Cloud Forest, no topcoat.  I'm loving the blue and pink flakies; so pretty and delicate!


But I needed a little more bling!  One coat of Seche Diamond Dust turned these nails up a bit and I was happy that I used it, even though I did like the look of the pretty flakies.  They can still be seen peeking through anyway!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using an image from SugarBubbles SB 040 using Painted Polish Stamped in Taro, Stamped in Rose and Blanc Slate.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


I can't remember if this was the next day or immediately after the fact, but decided to add a top coat; added Glisten & Glow matte top coat.


I noticed when I was in the bathroom that the flakies from Pahlish Cloud Burst really showed up well so snapped a pix and thought I'd share it as well!  I see a little tip wear on the ring finger so I'm sure this was the next day.  


Thanks for looking and enjoy the weekend!  Be safe!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!