Thursday, July 11, 2013

Digit-al Dozen; Tape Mani's, Day 4

Another tape mani for the Digit-al Dozen challenge.  


Started with a base of two coats of China Glaze I'm not Lion; topped with SV.


I took a few pix of how the mani was done.  Sectioned off half the nail with tape.  There's so many fingerprints on the tape as I read that if the tape isn't super sticky when you place it on the base, then it's less likely to pull the base off when pulling the tape off.  As I only waited about 15 minutes for the base to dry before taping off, I didn't want this to happen!


After picking an image, stamped as normal over the nail. I used HD-B and black Konad special polish.


Immediately remove the tape after stamping.


This is the finished look once all nails are done including cleanup. In retrospect, I should have used an image that was a little more clustered together in the stamped area to make the polished-only area pop!  


Decided to stamp the other half of the nail; used black Konad special polish with plate HB-49 for the cat on the middle nail and Chez Animaux 01 for the paws on the rest.  Topped with SV to finish.


I'm still using Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter-A-Peel for easy glitter removal.....makes glitter removal a breeze!


Here's the other Digital Dozen Tape Mani's!






Hope you're having a great week; thanks for looking!




7 comments:

  1. cute!! I need to get a cat image! I love how the polish looks after it is popped off the nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I love all your manicures! Sorry that I don´t stop to comment, but I never miss one of your georgeous manicures :-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! peel away! I love that base! I'm not a huge China Glaze fan but I feel I dropped the ball not getting that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous mani. I love how the polish is named I'm not Lion and then your have the cat silhouette and paw prints for a cat themed mani. Cute idea. That base polish is stunning. I always thought of a holo as a topper but look how pretty this is stamped over it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and brilliant! Love the stamping with tape idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!