Friday, July 19, 2013

Mint Mani's for Talia Joy


The world lost a beautiful young girl earlier this week.  As announced on Angels for Talia,  Talia Joy Castellano earned her angel wings on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 11:22 am.  The last picture that she had posted to her Instagram page was trio of mint mani's of her mom, sister and herself.  It had been suggested by Nail Polish Wars that the nail community do Mint Mani's for Talia today; this is what I came up with.



Started with a base of two coats of Orly Basket Case and Orly Gumdrop; topped with SV.



Stamped with red, black and white Konad special polish using assortment of plates; Apipila 02 (mascara on pinky), A49 (wings on thumb), FUN12 (compact and brushes on middle), SdP 119 (words beauty and nail), SdP 57 (lipstick and polish on index), BM321 (ribbons on ring), HB18 (angel on thumb) and MJ XVIII (RIP on thumb).



Stamped a few random stars using red Konad special polish using an image from SdP 57.



Added random dots throughout in an attempt to bling it out as I had seem from pix that Talia had really loved the use or colour and had lots of bold, colourful mani's!



Topped with SV to finish.



I finished this mani around 3 am last night (this morning!) and my eyes were a little blurry and I had a hard time to get my phone to take a focused pix (or maybe it was the blur in the eyes; not sure!) so I didn't have that great selection of pix to share.  I took another this morning outside in case I could get a better one; it's OK, but still not the best.




Here's some other Mint Mani's for Talia.







My condolences to the Castellano family.


3 comments:

  1. I've been so moved by all the respects paid to the memory of Talia, I too want to do a mani in memory of Talia. Please add me to your list. God bless her beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, can't wait to see your tribute mani....please go to Nail Polish Wars for the inlinkz code to post it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!