Wednesday, July 31, 2013

New FUN Plates Have Arrived!

I haven't done any stamping over layering of glitter polish lately for some reason.   I actually know the reason........I've been so busy and haven't had a lot of time to plan a mani (sometimes it takes me as long or longer to pick the polishes and plates than it does to actually do my nails!). So I've  pretty much been doing stamping over holo's and cremes.  Anyway, not too long ago, I decided to do a layering mani with some glitter and chose a glitter that I hadn't used before; this is what I came up with!



Started with a base of OPI Planks A Lot; this is two coats, no topcoat.



Topped OPI Planks A Lot with one coat of Alyssa by Amy's Nail Boutique.  No topcoat.



Here's a bottle shot of Alyssa by Amy's Nail Boutique.  I picked it up via Amy's Nail Boutique Etsy shop here.  I have a fair amount of these fine glitter polishes that are similar to Floam ; they are very versatile simply by changing up the polish base.  They also make an interesting base for stamping....to me, anyway!



I thought this was pretty cool just like it is, but as anyone who may have checked out my blog before knows, there aren't a whole lot of mani's that I don't do some type of stamping over.  I remembered that the new FUN stamping plates had arrived in the mail and I hadn't done too many mani's with them; after checking them out for an image that would let the base show through with the stamping, I decided upon an image from FUN 3.  Stamped using white Konad special polish.



Topped with HK Girl Fast Dry Topcoat.  You can tell even by this pix that the glitter is a topcoat eater but I left it with one coat.  Those that this would bother should probably add a coat of Gelous and then topcoat again.



Here's a closer look at FUN 3 by FAB UR NAILS.












Fantastic images!  I have so many ideas; I just need some time!  (Which seems to be the story of my life lately!)

FUN plates by FAB UR NAILS are available online; here's order information; the plates are also available via llarowe.

After wearing this mani for a day, I decided to matte it using Essie Matte About You.




I couldn't decide if I liked it more matte or shiny.....regardless, this is an awesome stamp that shows off the polish base really well....plus has built in dots!  I love to add dots to my mani's! lol!

While there are no pix of this, I did use Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter A-Peel before adding base, polish and glitter because I knew I was layering with glitter on top of the base coat and am not too much of a fan of glitter removal.  Removal wasn't nearly as easy off the nail like it is using a glitter bomb.  A glitter bomb, the polish pretty much pops right off.  With the creme base, it took more effort and came off in strips; not all at once.  

One last thing; and it may seem a little silly but it is an issue to any nail blogger....you will notice the remnants of a terrible hangnail on my ring finger in these pix (and trust me, this pix is tame compared to others yet to come, I'm sorry to say).  If I had more time, I'd figure out how to edit the ouchie so as not to assault everyone with it; or add a little watermark pix to hide it.  But unfortunately, time is an issue and I simply don't have the time (or desire) to do this.  So there is going to be a few...maybe 7-9ish mani's....that have hangnails in a variety of stages on various fingers popping up.  I thought about posting them all at once and calling them 'The Hangnail Series'....but some of the pix I'm saving for challenges that are coming up in September so they will be smattered here and there as I get around to posting them.  I apologize in advance for this; not much I can do except not post them at all but I thought I had some pretty cool mani's, hangnails and all, so please try to overlook the hangnail and just look at the nails!  I know this may seem kind of silly too; I mean, there are serious world events, life threatening matters and much more traumatic occurrences other than hangnails to worry about.  But I know from reading posts on nail boards and FB groups that this kind of thing does bother people enough that they won't follow a particular blog or will unfollow when they see it (as well as poor cleanup, bad cuticles, off nail shape, etc).  But I'm guessing if you are reading this, that it doesn't bother you as there's lots of all of these issues on this blog already!!!  Anyway, don't say I didn't warn you!

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. I still have yet to stamp over glitter but OMG I love the way this mani looks. I might have to do something like this tonight now! It looks really nice matte as well.

    Don't worry about the hang nail, it happens. I would drool over all your manis even if your fingers were green and hairy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *plots green and hairy mani*....

      You are too kind but thanks for making me feel better about posting them!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, that glitter is gorgeous!

    I don't believe I would have noticed the hangnail if you hadn't said something--the color and the glitter and the stamping are all so much more fun to look at I confess I don't pay much attention to your actual fingers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous glitter and love the stamping!

    The mani is so lovely that I didn't even notice the hangnail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute its simple but very pretty. I love Amy's polish :)

    I didn't notice your hang nail, even if it were really bad I don't mind that, because i consider it a natural issue that you have no real control over.
    I can say, however, I am shallow when it comes to nail shape. I really hate stiletto type nails I find them ugly thus it distracts me when looking at nail art. I know I am terribly shallow I will go stand in a corner now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most people don't even notice that stuff unless you point them out. Remember I did that post proving it? Did you get FUN11? Can you test the South park guys I just did and see if it's an issue for you as it was for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. yes, I did get FUN11; I'll check it out and let you know.

      Delete
    3. I just checked those images; mine stamp perfectly.

      Delete
  6. Great stamping! :) And I liked Alyssa a lot too... I didn't notice the hangnail, I had to actually look for it after I read the text lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never fail to impress me with your stamping manicures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the glitter ! and great stamping :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!