Thursday, August 16, 2018

Digit-al Dozen Does Tropical; Day 4

I cannot believe that this is yet another mani with hibiscuses; I honestly didn't have the intention of sharing 4 hibiscus mani's when I was planning manis for the challenge but this was yet another mani that didn't turn out on my test hand and I had to improvise.  The plan was the base and then zigzag stamping then a full accent nail of lizards with a lizard or two on the rest of the nails.  But the lizards didn't stamp well on the accent nail and, as I seen this Delaney Hibiscus 001 plate sitting out from the night before, I decided to go with the hibiscus decals and this is how it turned out!  Here's what I came up with!


Started out with a base of two coats of Contrary Polish Cocoon Galaxy, which was part of the April 2018 Polish Pickup.  This is a magnetic polish but I didn't magnetize it; I bought it strictly for my love of these steel blue/gray shades of polish with the holographic micro flakes and it happens to have a little pink shimmer added for good measure! Unfortunately, this beauty is no longer available unless you are able to find one in a destash.  


 Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped with an image from Konad Square 14 using FunkyFingers Gesso.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Here's the plate, ZZ Hawaii,  that I was going to use with all the lizards.  In fact, any of these images would be good for the tropical theme, this is why I pulled it to use!


I did a test stamp on my test hand of the full image using both green and navy and was meh about how they turned out.  I didn't have time to search through my plates for another lizard image to use so used the same Delaney Hibiscus 001 that I had used before; made five stamper decals, filled in with Quo by Orly Femme Fetale and applied them directly onto the nail once the sticky base was tacky.  Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Here's the other ladies Day 4 tropical mani's!




I still can't believe that I did four hibiscus manis this week; I had pulled plates for palm trees and leaves and tropical fish and tropical birds; I guess they will have to wait for other times.  Stay tuned for Day 5 manis tomorrow; don't worry, it isn't hibiscuses!


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!