Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Digit-al Dozen Does Tropical; Day 2


This is my day 2 mani for Digit-al Dozen tropical challenge.  I have to admit, these are a little unusual for tropical nails but I was striving for something different/thinking outside of the box so these were done intentionally to be different.  And my best shadow stamping to date if I don't say so myself; I was really pleased how the shadow stamping turned out even though I had to do 3 fingers twice hahaha.  Anyway, hopefully you enjoy Day 2 of the tropical theme!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Fair Maiden Polish You Got It Dude! from May 2018 Polish Pick Up. The brights and flaky lover in me absolutely adores this polish and I was really happy to add it to my stash!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly On Top.


Did these tropical hibiscus nails with colours that I thought would compliment the base polish as I see light purple shimmer flash in the base.  First stamped the image using MdU 60, then double stamped using MdU 73 using an image from BM-318.  I didn't take pix of just the lilac polish as I double stamped each nail as I went versus doing all then them the one colour then the second stamping because these MdU polishes can be skin stainers and I didn't want to have any issue.  Plus because I did double stamping of all nails using different parts of the image, wanted to immediately double stamp so the placement was fresh in my mind. Ha...sign of old age that is lol (middle age anyway!)!


BundleMonster BM-318


Topped with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Here's the other ladies day 2 tropical nails!




Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!