Wednesday, August 22, 2018

IEC 2018 Silent Auction (Paint It Forward)


One of the most awesome aspects of Indie Expo Canada is the Silent Auction (Paint It Forward) with the proceeds being donated 100% to The Marvelle Koffler Breast Care Center at Mount Sinai Hospital.  I bid on a few items and was lucky enough to come home with a couple including this one, Ms. Sparkle Chemical X from the May 2018 Polish Pickup.  I haven't heard the 2018 donation tally, but in 2017, $1857 was raised so in addition to the funds going to a very worthy cause, you can take home some really fantastic things if you are the lucky bidder!  This post is picture heavy as it shows some of the fantastic items that were up for auction!  But first, this is the mani that I did using Ms. Sparkle Chemical X!



For this mani, started out with a base of two coats of Ms. Sparkle Chemical X from the May 2018 PPU.


Topped with a base of two coats of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using an image from Apipila Super Placa E using MdU 11, 66 and FunkyFingers Gesso.


Apipila Super Placa E





This is how it looks when you multiple scrape to blend the colours together.


Topped with a final coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  This would have been a great base for some layered fall or Halloween stamping and I meant to do some before I took it off but I forgot.  But I was thinking of the hot, sizzling summer when I did these nails and this represents that well, I think!


Below is a few pictures of the silent audition items.  This helmer storage unit from IKEA was filled with soooooo many polishes and products and was adorn with numerous vinyl stickers; this went home with one lucky lady!



Just a few of the products waiting for bids!





This cutlery set was stunning!



















Thank you to all contributors for their donations and also to everyone who bid on the wide assortment of items; the proceeds went to a worthy cause!  I will update this post once I hear the final tally raised in 2018!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!