Monday, September 10, 2018

Digit-al Dozen Does Recreating Your First Blog Posts; Day 1

It's Digit-al Dozen week; this month, we are recreating our first blog posts!  I should have shared this on day 2 as this mani is inspired by the nails I posted on my second ever blog post back here on June 7, 2010; the inspiration pix is below!  But unfortunately I don't have any mani's done in advance and did this one quickly last night so I'd have something to share today.  Here's what I came up with!


This is my inspiration nails!  While it is scary to look at them, it is nice to see how far I've come doing my nails, taking better pictures, etc.  I still don't think my pix are the best and am working still on my lighting, etc etc but they are an improvement anyway!  This is OPI What The Cattitude stamped with an image from Konad m64; I couldn't find the OPI even although I know I have it someplace.  


But I thought I would update the mani a bit so did a sponged gradient using OPI The I's Have It, Fearlessly Alice and My Pal Joey.  Added a coat of Nfu Oh GS04.  I didn't take pix of the gradient alone as I was having issues with index nail; the polish kept on sticking to the sponge and taking off polish versus putting it on; I did the nail twice and did it both times and unfortunately, it wasn't that picture worthy.  I left it as is with the hope that the stamping would cover it!


Stamped using same image from Konad m.64 using FunkyFingers Gesso.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Here's the other ladies Day 1 mani's!




Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! The updated version reminds me of swirly water, love it! I didn't even stamp yet when I started...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!