Monday, December 3, 2018

Gray Skies Call for Gray Nails!

We are having another overcast day here in the GTA.  But what else is new.  I heard on the news today that November 2018 had the most overcast days in a November ever. I'm not sure how accurate that is but it seems we haven't seen the sun very much.  Anyway, I thought the gray skies would be a good day to share these gray nails!  While I really liked how these turned out, there's nothing that wrecks a mani more than smeared stamping.  Grrrrr!  But it is what it is and by no means was the minimal smear obvious in real life, it just ticked me off!  Oh well.  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Zoya Kristin, no topcoat.


Did a sponged gradient using Zoya Kristen, Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Retro Grape and OPI Black Onyx.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using an image from Dashica Big SdP A using FunkyFingers Gesso.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  Now for those who check out my posts regularly, I use KBShimmer Clearly on Top most of the time and rarely have issue with it.  I know I had left time to allow the stamping polish to dry and when I thought about this, checked my supplies, etc. I determined that my bottle of KB topcoat was on the low side and I hadn't loaded it with top coat enough to float over the nails but rather spread what I had, causing brush drag.  I rarely have smear with KB tc and have used it for a long time with no issue.  I started a fresh bottle right after this and put this one away to top other others later and haven't had issue yet.  So user issue.  It happens.  But this just goes to show you when people say what is the best top coat that doesn't smear...is that it's not necessarily the top coat that causes the issue but user issue like I had here.  I should have known better but thought I was tilting the bottle to fill the brush well enough but it's apparent that I wasn't lol.  Some brands that people call their holy grail go to products have smeared for me.  There's a lot of factors that need to be considered and just trial and error what works for you!


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!