Thursday, March 9, 2023

Bubbles!

If you read my last post, you'll recall that I hadn't been sharing recent mani's much.  This is one that I did while my thumb was almost grown out; you'll notice it is much shorter than the rest of the nails, which is why.  I lost the entire nail May 2022 from a nail injury and it pretty much took until December 2022 to grow out to the length that I normally keep them.  This was taken on November 6, 2022; they were short but not so much that I was wearing a fake nail.  Sadly, it wasn't too much after this that my index finger got infected and a big chunk of it separated from the nailbed, resulting in my cutting it down in December and it is still growing out.  I don't think it will take 7 months to grow out like the thumb nail as I lost the entire thumb nail and for the index, it was only about a quarter down or so so it's almost there.  Sometimes, you just can't win.  Thankfully, it was nothing more serious than nails and the only negative was I couldn't share my nails.  I was still painting them and let's be honest, there are a whole lot worse things in life than being able to paint nails.  If anything, I stopped buying polish as much as I normally did so there was a little saving because of that.


Started with a base of Different Dimension Never Forget Where You Come From, two coats, no top coat.


Topped with DRK Seal Glaze as purple is notorious for bleeding into the stamping polish, causing it to turn purple so I thought I had better be safe and add it.  


Hit the Bottle To Boldly Go-01



Thankfully, the purple didn't bleed into the stamping polish, although I'm not sure if it is because the Different Dimension just isn't prone to it, or if the DRK Seal Glaze was working.  Anyway, stamped image from Hit The Bottle To Boldly Go-01 using Painted Polish Blanc Slate, no top coat.  This is a great image to use, that lets the base shine through!


Topped with a final coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  Unfortunately, some of the stamping wrinkled as everything was too wet here when I took the picture but the good news is that the wrinkling goes away when the nails dry.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!