Thursday, March 21, 2019

April the Giraffe Gives Birth!

I seen over the weekend that April the Giraffe gave birth to another baby boy on the weekend!  Congrats to Oliver and April!  In all honesty, I didn't follow this birth nearly as much as the last and didn't even know she was pregnant again until about a week ago.  I do however remember being on baby watch for what seemed like months back in 2017 so at least this time, only had to check back to the live feed a few times and seen later in the day on Saturday that the birth had taken place!  I did nails because what better a excuse to use those giraffe stamping images that I probably wouldn't use otherwise!  Here's what I came up with!



Started with a base of two coats of Konad Sandy polish in yellow (sorry, don't know if it has a specific name; I couldn't find anything on my bottle).  As I didn't top coat these nails, I put these under nail dryer for about 10 minutes before stamping.


Stamped using images from Chez Delaney Animaux 004 (middle), Delaney Animaux A001 (pinky and index), Infinity 52 (ring) and MoYou Animal Collection-02.  I used a custom colour of stamping polish by mixing MdU 9 and 23 on the plate each time that I stamped as I didn't have quite the right shade of rusty brown stamping polish that I wanted.


MoYou London Animal Collection-02


Look!  I finally figured out my macro lens!  This was one of the first times I used it for; still needs some work but I see the possibilities of better, close up pictures!  This is a family pix; Oliver, April and new baby or could be April, Tajiri and his new brother!



Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!