Monday, March 11, 2019

Digit-al Dozen Does Books; Day 1

It's Digit-al Dozen week!  Our theme this month is books!  The book lover in me loves the theme but try as I might, I had a hard time coming up with mani's related to books.  But the great thing about the group is that we can each do our own interpretation of the theme which really gives us some unique manis for the challenges!  Anyway, this is my day 1 mani for book week!


I had made the stamper decals for the mani in advance and wanted a colour that would go nicely with them.  Decided on brights; this is two coats of KBShimmer Lei It Again, no top coat.  I am loving this colour; what a nice pick me up!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Did a sponged gradient using the same KB and CND Raspberry Parfait.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  Unfortunately, the gradient was lost in most of the stamping, but I love how this turned out and will keep it in mind for a future mani.


After a coat of sticky base, applied the stamper decals that I had made.  Used images from MJ JR-2 and MdU 3, 52 and 66.


Shadow stamped the thumb and the letters above the book on the pinky using image from Marianne Nails n.132.  All images on the index are from MJ JR-2 as are the I Heart on the ring finger.  Unfortunately, the books from the MJ JR-2 (as seen on the index) was far too large to fit and even with the smaller letters from Nailways Back to Basics ABC 123 which I ended up using, still didn't fit that well but I tried.  Hopefully you get it anyway!


Marianne Nails n.132


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Here's the other ladies day 1 mani's!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!