Thursday, April 11, 2019

Blue Stars and Stripes

I found this stamping image when I was looking through my stamping plates for Easter related images and thought it looked pretty interesting.  So I set the plate aside to do a mani when I had a chance.  Here's what I came up with when I decided to use it!


Started with a base of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Swim Upstream, two coats, no top coat.


Topped with China Glaze Blue Hawaiian.


Bottle shot of China Glaze Blue Hawaiian.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped with an image from Mezerdoo B7 using MdU 1.  Fortunately, my nails were short enough that I could do stars and stripes on most of the nails with the larger star and the stripes as accents, just for a little variety and interest.  Another one of my favourite nail things to do; use different aspects of a image on each nail.  I also used a fairly hard clear stamper as I find the softer stampers usually distort the lines so they aren't as straight as they should be.  It seemed to work well; the lines look pretty straight overall.  The clear stamper helps too with making sure the lines are placed straight too!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


I really like this image but if I had one improvement, it would be that the space between the lines were just a smidgen wider so that the beauty of the base polish could shine a bit more.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!