Wednesday, April 10, 2019

When Stamping Wrecks The Mani!

There aren't too many manis that I don't stamp and of those that I do, I like most of them.  Unfortunately this was one mani that I wasn't thrilled with the stamping and in hindsight, wished I had have just left the base polish on it's own!  But the good thing about doing your nails is that with just a bit of acetone and a cotton ball, you have a brand new slate!  I still wore these nails for 24 hours as they weren't so bad that I couldn't stand to have them on my nails, its just I know I've done better manis.  And I do love the base polish!  Love, Love! The poor choice of stamping shouldn't be reflective of the base!   But good or bad, I share them all so here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of 6 Harts Mojave Jewel, no top coat.  This was part of the January 2018 Polish Pickup and I'm glad I picked it up!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Here's where it goes downhill....stamped using an image from Creative Shop 27 using MdU 1, 73 and 78.  I think there's two issues here; one the dark polish doesn't seem to go with the nails and the other is isn't not faded good enough.   I do like the look of the MdU 78 with the base and maybe it would have been wiser to do a more tone on tone look.  Or even a gradient with just the white and turquoise coloured stamping polish (MdU 78 Glass).  I like the image; it was a good choice to let the base polish shine through, just wrong choice of stamping polishes.


Topped with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!