Friday, April 12, 2019

Fluid Friday Easter Nails!

I'm interrupting blue nails to share some Easter nail art and because these are on a fluid base, sharing on #fluidFriday!  I think these nails are as adorable as can be; I wore them for a couple days which is unusual for me!  Here's what I came up with!


I made some homemade fluid hard polish using Garnier Fructis as suggested by @damningeden (although when I was watching YouTube Videos, Kyong Lee mentioned this product being used by someone else back in 2017).  I can't say for sure who came up with it, I just know this is how I found out recently. I had been experimenting with Nourishing + Coconut Oil Breakage Serum but not adding it to the polish directly, but rather by making a spray from it as I had seen it being used by various fluid artists on YouTube with acrylic paints a few months ago.  After doing some research, both products have the same silicone ingredient 'Dimethicone' in them (which is the silicone product that creates the cells) and I have tried both now by adding to the polish and IMHO, the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz does work better.  But there is some trial and error with the formula and I'm not entirely convinced that the Nourishing + Coconut Oil doesn't work just as good.  I still have about a third of a bottle and will continue to try it out.  But this is a whole other blog post! 


Speaking of trial and error, the top swirl was my first attempt of making it fluid so I had to add a bit more product; the bottom one is better results and the one I ended up using for this mani.  Lots of cells!


This is my 'good' bottle of fluid art polish using China Glaze Be More Pacific.  I cut up the decal into nail size pieces and got ready for application.


Applied the fluid art pieces, cleaned up with acetone and brush.


Applied KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped with an image from Chez Delaney Animaux 004 using MdU 1, 68, 101 and Painted Polish Stamped in Rose and Stamped in Greenery.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


The stamped covered up a bit more of the fluid part of the decal than I would have liked but that's OK.  Still cute!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!