Monday, April 15, 2019

Digit-al Dozen Does Albums; Day 1

It's Digit-al Dozen week!  Our challenge this month is albums.  Which is a challenge of course because who has albums any more??!!  Although I know they are coming back and wasn't it just International Record Store Day?

I grew up in the era of albums (unfortunately, I also grew up in the era of 8tracks and then remembered when cassettes came out!) and actually have quite a few still but who can recreate the album cover of Meatloaf, Bat Out of Hell on your nails for example (which is an absolutely incredible album that thankfully I still have!)  Plus while I still do have albums, I have no way of listening to them as no record player. (Ahem, I still have 8tracks but not sure why as how will I ever listen to them??)  I often though about getting a system but haven't; maybe one day.   Anyway, I googled album covers of some of my favourite artists and was actually quite surprised how many stamping images there are that are from albums.  Here's what I came up with for day 1!


Started with a base of skittles, starting at thumb going clockwise are OPI Black Onyx, China Glaze Flame-boyant, CND Taffy Pink, CND Electric Orange and CND Bicycle Yellow; all two coats, no top coat.  Sorry about index finger; I had break on side of nail and just got tired of fixing it so cut it down and unfortunately, it was really, really short.  This was almost a month ago and it is just starting to grow out now.  This was one of the first manis done in it's really short state!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


It may not look like it, but this mani actually took quite a bit on planning as had to coordinate the base polishes with the stamping colours to make sure that the correct base and stamped image worked out.  Really had to think about it lol.  And getting just the right shades was another issue.  But I don't think I did too badly!


Using images from MoYou London Roxy Collection-08, stamped using MdU 112, 8, 68, 33 and 11 on the thumb.  On the middle and ring fingers, had to use the stamping polish and fill in the rest of the nail as the images themselves were so small.


MoYou Roxy Collection-08




Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


The thumb is added imagery; not on the album but love this stamped image of Freddy, one of my all time favourite singers!  Added Queen wording from Stampaholic 7 using MdU 1.


This is the album cover the nails are based upon.



Here's the other ladies day 1 mani's!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!