Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July if you are celebrating!  I did these nails yesterday; I didn't plan it very well as I only had one set of plates with me (Apipila) and limited polishes so had to come up with an Independence Day mani using what I had on hand but was pretty happy how these turned out considering!


Started with a base of two coats of Quo by Orly Mega Silver with an accent of Barielle Bold n Confident topped with an unnamed Pixel polish (the name might have been on the bottle but I couldn't make it out if it was!)  While not shown, topped everything off with a coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping.


I have to say, stamping this was a pain in the arse!  The image with the lines is from Apipila p.06.  As you probably know, straight lines with squishy stamper equals crooked lines, so took many attempts with several stampers to get them straight.  I didn't have many stamping polishes with me and no navy ones, so searching through what I had on hand and after trying out a few, ended up using Maybelline Navy Narcissist for the stripes, which dried super fast.  Even after closing all the windows and turning off the fan, dried at the speed of lighting!  Some nails took many attempts to get all the lines stamped and a few, the tailings at the end wrecked the image and had to redo.  But I managed to eventually get them stamped as good as was going to happen!


I was only able to stamp about 4 stars in total before the clear jelly stamper head I was using totally disintegrated.  So had to do the best I could with a regular stamper for the rest.  


Finished the remaining stars at the tips using red Konad special polish with an image from Apipila Kids A. This might have been the end look if I wasn't able to stamp the line of stars decently on the accent.


 Stamped stars from same image plate on accent; the first row turned out OK so decided to do a few more.


I was able to line up a second and third row of stars decently for the end result.


Topped everything off with a final coat of Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC to finish.



This is final mani in the sun; the shade pix are more accurate though but the sun makes the silver really sparkle!


Enjoy the 4th if you are celebrating!

3 comments:

  1. Your mani turned out fantastic regardless! Omg! How did that happen to your stamper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was just by stamping with it; it just started breaking up when I was using it until there was nothing usable left.

      Delete
  2. These are really pretty - so very sparkly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!