Monday, November 11, 2019

Lest We Forget

Lest We Forget. 

November 11th is Remembrance Day; the day we remember those who fought for our freedoms and those who continue to serve so that we continue to enjoy free liberties. 

I've done a Remembrance Day mani every year that I've had the blog; it is a day that holds great meaning to me; not only because I am able to live in a free country but because my grandfather fought in WWII and the older I get, the more I appreciated that he and other soldiers fought and risked their lives so we have the freedoms we have today.  


Started with a base of two coats of Zoya Carey, no top coat.


Topped with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  I knew I was doing a gradient but what I find is that if I don't do a top coat base before the gradient, that my polish starts to come off the nail when I'm sponging versus going on the nail so I found that it helped for the gradient if I top coated first, then do the sponged gradient.  I also wait a good 10 minutes or more to make sure the base and top coat are good and dry before sponging.


Did a sponged gradient using Zoya Carey and Barry M Grey.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped words from CjS H-26 using Konad red special polish.


Added poppies from Color Club Flower using same stamping polish.  You may note that the words on the thumb don't look the same as above.  That is because I tried to use a poppy image from the same CjS plate but didn't have that great of success lining up.  When I was removing the image which was at the tip of the nail, I also took off some words so had to restamp.  And didn't stamp it that well as you can see.


Dotted centers of poppies using Painted Polish Midnight Mischief.


Finished with a final coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Lest We Forget.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!