Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Are You Tired of Layered Mani's Yet?

I'm not going to talk about doing layering experiments anymore....but I will be posting a few more layering-with-glitter-then-stamped mani's in the future!   Right now I'm doing more layering because there are so many cool indy glitters I've loving at the moment...yet, can't stop stamping 99.9% of all mani's I wear...so I'm trying to live in the best of both worlds!  Anyway, here's another layering mani I came up with not too long ago.


Started with a base of two coats of Icing I Like the Nightlife that I picked up at Icing recently.  It dries on the matte side...but that's OK as its easier to see the glitter interest shine through!  This has no topcoat.  I think this is a cool polish....don't have anything like it in my stash and it's beautiful IMHO!  If you're a blue fan, you'll need to run to your local Icing store and pick up a bottle before they're all gone!


Speaking of indy glitters I'm loving at the moment, added a coat of Girly Bits Wet Bikini and topped with SV.



Stamped using FUN Bubble Blue using QA 16. 


While I initially had plans to do a different accent nail for this mani, I decided to do all the same for some simple stamping as I thought the layering had interest enough in the mani.


Topped with SV.



This is probably one of my favourite mani's I've done in a while.  Simple, but interesting.



Please check out the tab at the top of my homepage if you are interested in knowing where online to get QA stamping plates, Girly Bits polish or FUN stamping polish. 

Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

  1. Never tired! That is soooo wicked! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I don't get tired of your laying expirments! I love how the stamp has a transparency paper effect on top of the other 2 polishes (you know those clear papers the use on projectors?). Love the girly bits too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty I should try it sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty it is just like the lager flecks of the indy are a part of the flowers. I love that effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I have tagged you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can pick it up at my blog. (see my profile)

      Delete
  5. I'll never tire of layered manis and this one turned out awesome! Yeah tone-on-tone baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I love layering and all of the blue tones work so nicely together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the stamping over the jelly thing. Gonna have to find a way to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, I love the blue on blue on blue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely not tired of layered manis! This is stunning, I absolutely love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dang, I seriously need to get to Icings now, lol! Love the sparkly base with creme stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh no, this one is also going in that 'awesome' file ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! I love the blue on blue on blue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Wow! This is beautiful!! I love how the stamp image on top is almost 3D like, it really pops out. Is that the affect of layering the stamps after a top coat? I love this affect. Again, BEEEEE-AUTIFUL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the tone on tone! I never get tired of seeing layerings because every lacquerista's approach is so diffrent. I say bring em on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so pretty! Love your choice of stamping

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is crazy good! It's hard to do all one color mani and have each part shine through! Well done! And I'm all for you stamping 99% of your manis!!! I'm like that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. each layer is so awesome on its own...but looks amazing together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!