I had a bit of a challenge over the weekend...due to lack of time to do my nails, I was trying to come up with a mani that could fit a dual purpose; one that could used in the FB Adventures in Stamping Sunday challenge of using a plate ending in 6.....AND fit the Digit-al Dozen Geek Week Challenge..... here's what I came up with!
Started with a base of one coat of FingerPaints Black Expressionism (no pix as have shown before). I didn't put a coat of SV on top of my base as I thought one coat would dry fairly fast and while my nails were drying, I was looking through my plate stash for images to use for more Geek Week mani's....a decision that haunted me during the whole mani process for a variety of reasons.
Once base was dry, added tips Sugar Bubbles 004 plate, with an assortment of FUN stamping polishes (Mango Shake, Cotton Candy, Bubble Blue and Avocado Green). This is where the haunting began! I'm not sure why, but I had inconsistent stamping results with the Sugar Bubbles plate and the images didn't stamp 100%. So I used a brush with acetone and removed the misstamped image on the middle and index finger and restamped...but didn't line it up too well. You can see in these pix where I removed them...I wouldn't have had so much of an issue with removing the misstamp if I had have put SV on my nails. Also stamped the accent finger, used full size image from Apipila P.02, stamped using FUN Mango Shake.
Added images above the tips using Lilic's A06...and my stamping woes continued...when I stamped the image above the french tip on the index finger, it was a major misstamp...it couldn't be fixed so I had to remove the whole base and stamping and do over....which is why you will see the blue tip on the pix below is slightly different than the blue tip on the pix above. You can see too the re-stamping on the tips of the index finger, the images aren't 100%. Disappointing.
Topped with SV.
This didn't turn out too badly all things considering the problems I had...and its not too bad when not in macro! I'm sure that next time, I won't made the decision not to SV my base coat ...it makes such a difference for removing stamping fails!