Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Fixing My Mistake!

On a lazy, hot Sunday afternoon a couple weekends ago, I decided to do some bright nails to go along with the bright, sunny day.


I had picked up this blue polish in the discount bin at the local drug store the day before.  I was wanting a nice bright blue creme.  Unfortunately, I didn't recognize it from one of the textures that L'Oreal had released last year and didn't realize it was a texture until I started to apply it.  This is two coats of L'Oreal Blue My Mind with an accent of Orly Fresh.    


After discovering my blunder, I searched through my stash for something I could layer on top to lessen the texture.  Layered two coats of Anna Sui 012 on top, which eliminated the texture nicely as well as added some layering interest.  


Flakies look so much better in the shade...or matted!

Added flowers using an image from MJ XLV using Funky Fingers Gesso. 


Dotted the centres of the flowers using the same base polishes, then top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.  

I was really happy how these turned out, even though I was less than happy initially with the textured polish instead of the creme.  But I think it worked out OK in the end!

Thanks for looking!


8 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I love the colors and the overall look. This just says spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very cute! I like how you dotted the flower centers with the accenting colors! :) Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gostei muito deste floral! Ficou lindo mesmo!
    Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the end result, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say it worked out great! Love the glitter as camouflage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The result is gorgeous and so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so great with dots. They just take the manicure to a whole new level :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!