Saturday, April 29, 2017

Digit-al Dozen Does Birthday's: April 2017

Today, we are celebrating Digit-al Dozen birthdays for April; this month, Uma at Uma's Nail Art and Katherine Marie at ProcrastiNails both celebrated birthdays; this is the mani I did based on the photo they picked for inspiration.  Happy Birthday, Uma an Katherine Marie!


Inspiration photo.


Started with a base of one coat of Enchanted Polish Opals & Cream.


I thought the iridescent glitters in the Enchanted Opals would give that oil slick kinda look in the bubbles so used them for a radial gradient.  Used Enchanted Opals & Cream, Opal Lagoon, Opal Nectar and Candied Opal.  In hindsight, I wish I had have  done the base a little darker but these polishes are fairly goopy and not that opaque so I had had enough with doing sponging even to get them to this opacity.


They didn't quite give enough of the iridescent look I was going for so added two coats of Colorama Blazes of Crystal.  I probably should have sponged on the flakies but didn't think of it at the time.


Added a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top before stamping. (Unfortunately, between my hands not being steady enough and so much going on in the polishes, my camera had a hard time focusing so I took a lot of pix and have quite a few to share in my attempt to show how cool this base really was.  It is sooooo much cooler than my pix portray!)


Stamped using an image from Creative Shop 02 using FunkyFingers Gesso.


Topped with KBShimmer to finish.


The next morning, I took these pix outside; they show the flakies a little better.


Then added a coat of OPI matte, again, hoping to show the magic of the flakies.


Topped it again with KBShimmer, then headed to work.



While I was sitting in the drive thru at Tim Hortons, I looked down at my nails and thought hmm, the flakies are looking good in this lighting, so grabbed a couple pix while I was waiting.  I think these were the best pix but excuse the awkward hand pose!


Flakiesssssssss!


Uma and Katherine Marie, hope your birthday's were fabulous!

Here's the other ladies mani's!




Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful mani! Love those flakies on that blue. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The base you used for these is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear. I love the clicks you shoot at dive thru. Love the flakiesssssss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!