Friday, June 23, 2017

Bright Nails!

I did these out of character for me nails a couple days ago to match a fairly busy lemon/lime blouse I was wearing that had white, black and yellow accents.  Not sure if too over the top but I loved how these turned out anyway! Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Misslyn Lemon Green, two coats.  This was a perfect match for my blouse!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top before stamping.


I recently received the new FUN plates; this is FUN 26.  The image that first caught my eye was the first image on the second row on the left hand side so I knew I was going to use it.   





I thought the image from FUN 26 (shown on ring finger) would be too busy on all nails although originally I wanted to stamp only with it.  So I had the idea to do an assortment miss mash of images and see how it worked, so I went with it!  Plates used were FUN 26 (ring), Delaney Linges & Traits (pinky and index) and DRK A (middle and thumb).  I was kinda ticked at myself for having crooked lines on the index which can happen with a squishy stamper...and wouldn't you know it, it stamped straight as can be on Ms. Cindy. Grrr! I used MdU 2 for stamping polish and didn't do that great of a clean up job by the looks of it, so sorry!  But other stamping polishes didn't pick up that well for some images but MdU did the job!

 

Added a few yellow dots using CND Bicycle Yellow.


Then added a few white using Funky Fingers Gesso.

 
I didn't mind this, but then got the bright idea to add a few big yellow dots on ring; maybeeeee a bit over the top, but I loved how it looked anyway!  Then topped with KBShimmer to finish.

 
I really liked a few of these nails; the thumb, middle and ring are my faves and they gave me some mani inspiration for future manis!

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!