Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Crows!

These nails were loosely inspired by a book that I read not too long ago, The Tenth Circle by Jody Picoult. I had read it a few weeks before Digit-al Dozen does Story Genres and was going to share it then...but then really didn't think the nails were that relevant to the book so didn't share (if that makes sense lol).  But in the book, the father character recalls several instances when crows (or blackbirds) are present at certain times in his life and that stood out for me when I was reading the book.  So when I sat down to do my nails shortly after reading the book and seen a couple plates with crows of them, I decided to use crows in my mani; this is what I came up with!


Started with a stamper smooshy decal using OPI I'll Have A Gin & Tectonic, China Glaze I Just Cant-alope, OPI Krona-logical, Quo by Orly Nude, China Glaze Tis The Sea-sun and FunkyFingers Gesso.  (Another dogs breakfast look to me lol).


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using images from Creative Shop 57 (thumb), Creative Shop 31 (index and middle) and Creative Shop 38 (ring and pinky) using FunkyFingers Dark Knight. Can you tell that the thumb is a reflection?  The image barely fit my nails so to me, it's not overly obvious.  


Creative Shop 57




Creative Shop 31




I like the look of just these four fingers as to me, it just tells a different story.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Just the four fingers top coated.


I also have to admit; every time I see crows, I always think of Lauri at CrowsToes (Polish); don't you?

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!