Monday, August 13, 2018

Digit-al Dozen Does Tropical; Day 1

It's Digit-al Dozen week and our theme this month is tropical!  I can't say how much the theme fits our climate this summer and even today!  I can't recall such a hot and humid summer for some time now; as much as it is nice to feel some warm weather, the humidity this summer has been unreal!  While we may have an occasional humid day during the summer, we have had so many this year it has not even enjoyable to sit outside a lot of the time IMHO.  Thank goodness for air conditioning!  Anyway, I'm still rocking shorties while I'm waiting for the crack in my middle nail to grow out and that nail is a little odd so please excuse it but I'm still doing my nails; this is my day 1 tropical mani!


Started with a base of two coats of OPI Onyx with accents of three coats of Essie Off The Wall. Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  Also, Essie Off The Wall is a nail stainer. Bummer as such a nice juicy colour.


This was suppose to be the base for a flamingo mani but Essie Off The Wall isn't the same hot pink on the nail as it is in the bottle and I don't think flamingos are this colour!.  Maybe if I had have used a white base if might have turned out a hot pink but instead it turned out to be a coral leaning red colour.  Still nice but not the base I wanted for my flamingo mani so I had to change up my mani plans a little (good thing I had about 50 tropical plates picked out already for the challenge!)  Stamped using FunkyFingers Dark Knight using an image from Lina 4 Seasons-Summer 02.


I actually liked the simplicity of this mani and was going to leave it as is but the busy nail artist in me decided to go further.  Stamped accent nails with Konad The Most Popular Pattern using FunkyFingers Gesso. Topped with KBShimmer.


I thought THAT was how I was going to leave it but you know me, love the busy nails so added a few dots on accent nails to match/balance out.  Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Here's the other ladies Day 1 tropical mani's!




Thanks for looking!  And try to stay cool if you're in the GTA today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!