Sunday, May 17, 2020

Colourful Floral Nails!

I had these nails set aside to share as part of a Digit-al Dozen challenge (for stripes) but I can't remember if the group didn't participate this month or I took it off because life got in the way!  Either way, I've stepped back from the Digit-al Dozen for a bit, mainly because I have found that I'm too busy with life right now and cannot commit to doing my nails in time for a challenge or even to do a regular post.  Also, the group needs more members and we can't seem to find them so that's another challenge as well.  I hope it's just 'see you later' and not 'goodbye' but at least for the next few months, I cannot commit to posting the challenges so thought this best.  I love being part of the group; love doing manis on all the various themes and the other ladies in the group really challenge me to do some better nail art as I feel the need to try to keep up to them versus some easier mani's that I'd be more inclined to do, especially when I don't have much time to do my nails.  For the last couple weeks, if I have even done my nails, which is a lot as I usually changed my polish 4-7x a week, but for the last couple weeks, if I have changed them, it was just a polish change, no nail art.  And that makes me sad unfortunately, I just didn't have time for more.  Or it would cut into my minimal sleep time even more!  So if you don't see regular posts, you'll know that I will see you later; it's not goodbye!  I do hope you stick around though...at this time, I have 158 mani's in draft saved and who knows how many hundreds on camera roll.  I still have lots of nails to share and hope to still do regular posts, including this one!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of OPI Kiss Me I'm Brazilian, OPI Toying With Trouble and Revlon Sassy, no top coat.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Made stamper decals from image from Creative Shop 127; the outline is Painted Polish Midnight Mischief and the decal is filled in with the base polishes.


Added leaves to pinky and index using image from Lesly 34 using MdU 80 and Painted Polish Stamped in Living Coral on pinky.  I had a couple flowers left on parts of the decals that didn't make it onto the nail, so added them to the thumb.  Both these stamping polishes match the regular polishes pretty well which is what I like; when I can find a stamping polish and regular polish that matches and makes it all matchy-matchy!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Decided to add a few white dots to brighten things up a bit and for filler.  Used Painted Polish Blanc Slate.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!