Sunday, February 28, 2021

Using Early Indie Polish

I know spring is some time away but thought I'd share these floral nails anyway.  These aren't really spring nails anyway; they are any-time-of-year-nails!  It's a funny time of year and busy if you do nail art for all the holidays; Valentines, Chinese New Year, St. Patrick's Day, then Easter - all within a couple of months.  If you are like me and only post every so many days, it takes a few weeks to do a few manis so there isn't much time in between holidays so here's a quick mani before I start to share St. Patrick's day nails.  Or soon, anyway!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of Zoya Robyn with an accent nails of Noodles Polish Life's Short, Talk Fast (Feb 2019 PPU).


Topped a couple nails with an unknown indie brand, Jack Frost.  I don't remember much about the polish although it was one of the first indie I ever bought from a maker that I didn't 'know' and I remember I seen it on a blog post and emailed the blogger and the sale was arranged that way.  First time that I used it but don't know why it took so long!  I'm guessing this is over 10 years ago.  You can tell it was one of the first indies as it looks like recycled WetnWild bottles were used from the days of frankening.


This was my purchase way back when, except I bought a couple of one of the polish. Anyone recognize the maker?  


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Marianne Nails Professional n.27


Stamped using image from Marianne Nails n.27 with accent of EYNails n.1 using Painted Polish Blanc Slate.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Used the two base polishes and dotted on the nails.


Finished with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


I took a couple pictures outside in overcast light so some of the glitter and shimmer showed up a bit better.




Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!