Monday, March 30, 2015

Earth Hour Nails

This is the many faces of the Earth Hour mani I did over the weekend!  Did you turn out the lights? Does anyone do this any more?  I hardly heard anything about Earth Hour this year, so just wondering. I thought I was being pretty funny posting basic black creme nails for Earth Hour on Saturday night on instagram; hopefully anyone who seen it, got it or otherwise, they must have thought I was off my rocker!  Of course, I couldn't leave it alone; here's what I came up with!
Started with a base of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Onyx; two coats, then top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  I am positive that's my reflection in the thumb.....


Anywhoo, I've always had it in the back of my mind to use the Sephora X glitters on a black base ever since I seen Missy's (of Gnarly Nails) mani here.  So hauled out Sephora X TNT and added fairly liberal coat to accent finger. What made me remember wanting to use this glitter (as I seen it in the blog post over a year ago) is I've seen all these Sephora X glitters at Winners in the last week or so; I would suggest that if you don't have them, that you check out your local Winners to see if any left.  I'm contemplating backup bottles myself as I'm sure if they are in Winners, they won't be available much longer.


I checked my stash of stamping polishes to see what came closest to the colour of TNT and found Mundo de Unas 54 Iris.  Used it with an image from MJ XLV. 






 Then top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top. 


While I really liked the look of this, if you know me, busy nails is my middle name, so decided to add a few random dots in white for a pop of colour.  After they were dry, added another coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Hope you had a great weekend; thanks for looking!


5 comments:

  1. LOVE this mani!! I love that blue glitter and the stamping matches perfectly!! SO awesome. That is one very shiny black base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ring finger. I must admit I totally forgot about earth hour....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful nails! I did see a headline on a story about earth hour last week but I didn't click on it and then promptly forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about this mani since you posted it yesterday. I never use the glitter toppers I have but I think I need that one. So thanks a bunch :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the stamping image you've used here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!