Monday, March 2, 2015

RIP, Dr. Spock

I did these nails as a tribute mani to Leonard Nimoy...aka, Dr. Spock from the Star Trek franchise, who passed away on Friday.


Started with a base of two coats Zoya Robyn (blue), OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (white) and Maybelline Gemey Paris (one).  I top coated all but the dark nails with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Did galaxy nails (or my lame interpretation of same!) using assortment of polishes that were sponged on in the hopes of making a galaxy.


Added a layer of NYX Silver Glitter, which in hindsight is too dense for this type of scenery, but hindsight is 20-20 as the saying goes.


Using a chevron nail vinyl, made a collar for the uniform using Funky Fingers Dark Knight.  Added images using assortment of plates; Sugar Bubbles 014 (Spock image on ring), MJ XVIII (RIP on ring), MJ X (thumb), Pet'la LE Space (index, middle, and pinky) using black Konad special polish and Mundo de Unas 11.   


Pet'la LE Space



Top coated with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


It is very obvious to me that Star Trek fans need more images for stamping plates!!  There was very little to pick from; we at least need 'Star Trek' and an image of The Enterprise.  Some of the other characters would be great too...and better 'LLAP' wording.  

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great tribute manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mrsrexy, you did a nice job with this and what a heartfelt sentiment to Mr. Nimoy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I really like your nails they look awesome!
    Where did you get the nail plates? I've been looking for ages and haven't found anything :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!