Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Polished for Days Dance It Out

Some of the more creative polishes lately have been coming from Polish Pick Up (in my humble opinion, anyway).  I haven't been doing a lot of polish buying for a few reasons; one, I have a ginormous stash already and there's only so many polishes you can store/wear and know I will be downsizing in a few years.  In fact, the great destash has already started (and thank you to anyone who has bought from my blog sale!). I'm saving for two special occasions; one will be coming up this September (my 25th Anniversary) and the other in about 5 years, or sooner depending on several factors (hopefully Freedom 55!). Plus somewhere in there, I need to plan a 50th Bday surprise for the hubs; whatever that might be! Lastly, and perhaps the biggest reason, is that I haven't seen a whole lot of polishes that aren't close to something I already have and I don't need 189175657590 polishes in the same range/finish, etc. so am being a bit more selective of what I have been buying.  I'm not disciplined enough to go on a no buy so have bought here and there but it does seem that the majority of any money I've been spending on polish has been from the monthly Polish Pick Ups.  This is one I bought from November 2017, Polished for Days Dance It Out; here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Polished for Days Dance It Out, no top coat.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Decided to stamp with Esmaltes da Kelly Edwiges so (hopefully) bring out the pink flakes seen in the base using an image from UberChic UC 6-01.  I picked this image so that the base still could be seen underneath the stamping.


While I didn't mind this, I was looking for a bit more bang, so shadow stamped using same image with FunkyFingers Dark Knight.  My double stamping still needs some work but overall, not too bad of a job!


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


March's Polish Pick Up theme is books; the store is open for orders on March 2nd and I have a few added to my wish list already.  Like I said; no discipline!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!