Monday, October 28, 2019

Pumpkin Faces!

I did these nails over the weekend; they might look familiar as I've done something very similar here.  (OMG was it really 4 years ago??!??!!)  If you check out the older post, you will see that these nails are inspired from a hand towel I had bought and when I put it up last weekend, it inspired me to do them again.  Here's what I came up with!


Started out with a base of two coats of LynBDesigns Ivy.  Note:  I've been trying different peel off base coats so that I can start to wear all those glitter bombs that I have from years ago!  But they either are too hard to get off or pop off too easy as in the case with some water base peel offs or application and stay issues as in the case of some latex ones.  Plus I find they don't last that long; they get clumpy etc.  So I've been trying out different peel off bases and if you have eagle eyes, you might have noticed some latex around the edges on some nails, etc.  So in this case, I was using Hit The Bottle Keepin It Peel and, it takes a long time to dry, so I discovered.  Longer than I expected anyway.  So I have a couple lumpy fingers from where it kinda clumped up and went gummy with the polish.  By no means does this have anything to do with the LynBDesign base polish to be clear.  


Stamped using Painted Polish Blanc Slate using image from Lina Born to Sail 01.


Added faces using image from Delaney Halloween A001 using Painted Polish Midnight Mischief.


Finished with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


If you are interested in the wear test of the Hit the Bottle Keepin It Peel, well, here are my comments.  When I applied it, I did one coat on nails that had been wiped with pure acetone (as I do keep a bottle with additive close by as well).  I applied one coat.  It took quite a while (IMHO) to dry.  I didn't keep track minute wise but I thought I waited 3-4 minutes and it still was tacky enough to create gummy nails on a couple of them (fyi, I painted the thumb and index first and they were dry; went I went to paint the middle, it was gummy still).  The very last picture was taken at 1:24 am on Saturday, October 26, 2019.  I went to bed, slept, got up and showered and left to do groceries at around 1:30 pm.  When I finished doing the groceries, I sat in my car at 2:54 pm and took this pix; my right hand had lost 3 peelies.


I took this pix at 3:13 pm while I was putting the groceries away, another casualty.  The final one popped off one minute later.  My left hand was still all intact for about another hour when I noticed one had popped off at which time I removed the last 4. They came off easily which was good news but reallyyyy easy so I doubt they would have stayed on much longer.  So IMHO these didn't adhere that well and popped off too far too easily.  Or grocery shopping and putting away groceries are too strenuous activities, I'm not sure.  Seeing how I bought two bottles of Hit the Bottle Keepin It Peel, I'm doing to continue to use it and see if I have better results and really hope I do.  


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!