Friday, January 10, 2020

Pac-Man Nails!


A couple months ago, Digit-al Dozen had a theme of games and while I had every intention of participating that month as I did have a few mani's done, life just got the better of me and I never was able to post them in time.  Couldn't do it just even a few days late; just had too much going on and had to sit out.  I *think* that month was the first time I haven't participated, although there are a few months that I'm one or two mani's short for the month.  Anyway, I did have this mani ready but just no time to share so thought I'd share it now. 

Oh and speaking of Digit-al Dozen, the group is looking for new members!  You must be able to participate on a monthly basis, we do five mani's a month based on a theme that we have voted upon and you must have an active blog.  The great thing about the group (IMHO) is we have the monthly challenges and for me anyway, I find that I do some of my best nail art based on the challenges as I'm trying to keep up with all the other talent, plus there have been a lot of times when I've tried new things or a style of nail art that I wouldn't have done necessarily if not for participating in the group.  If this sounds like something you're interested in, please leave a message on this post, or message me via email or message any current member on IG, FB, etc.  Thanks so much!

Anyway,  here's what I came up with!  


Started with a base of CND Creative Play Nocturne , three coats.


Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using MJ VII (thumb controller), Stampaholic 8 (Pac Man and words on thumb and pinky), and all other images are from Delaney Jeux Videos.  Used Mdu 11, 54, 68 and 107, Painted Polish Blanc Slate and FUN red stamping polish.  This is literally the only red stamping polish that shows up well over dark colours....I'm going to have to eek out every last drop of it as the bottle I have isn't very large.  Thankfully, I don't use it that often but I will be sad when it is finished.


Delaney Jeux Videos.



Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.  Unfortunately, the FUN red didn't take too kindly to the top coat.


Please excuse nasty cuticle, but this was thumb on Ms. Cindy; I liked it better than the shared thumb.


The FUN stamping polish didn't react very well to the top coat so touched it up and then recoated.


Then tidied up the nails a bit; added yellow dots on middle fingere and some dotted eyes on the index and middle fingers using Painted Polish Blanc Slate and Midnight Mischief.  The FUN red stamping polish was still not liking the top coat so touched it up some more.


Did a final coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!