Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Hello, Summer!

Hello Summer! Summer has officially arrived so I'm sharing these summer themed nails!  This is the first time in a long, long time that I've done any nails that require more effort than a simple stamp as I've just been either painting my nails or painting with a simple stamp for over a year now as my nails get over their issues, so it felt really good to get back to nail art that is more than a single stamp.  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of two coats of Zoya Gigi, Essie Feelin' Just Lime and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.



Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.



Make stamper decal for the thumb using UberChic 9-01 and MdU 80, then did layered stamping on the ring and index using CjS-182 with MdU 29, 37 and 80, and then layered stamped pinky using image from UberChic UC Let's Get Lost using MdU 37, 80 and Painted Polish Midnight Mischief, and then stamped middle using same UberChic plate using MdU 37.


UberChic UC Let's Get Lost



CjS-182


I wanted to show these polishes and stamping polishes because I always think it's cool when there is a stamping polish that matches a base polish so well as it really makes the mani come together.  Here is the Essie Feelin' Just Lime beside MdU 80 and Zoya Gigi beside MdU 37.  I think they were a pretty good match!


Added a few watermelon seeds using CjS-182 and Painted Polish Midnight mischief on the index finger.


Finished with a final coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


 I don't think I did too badly considering I haven't did more than simple stamping in over a year but can see lots of room for improvement.  The layered stamping wasn't that tight on the index finger but I think it adds some interest!

Have a wonderful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!