Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Digit-al Dozen Does Texture; Day 2

With Easter just around the corner, I thought it would be cool to create an Easter mani using texture for one of the DD texture challenges.....this mani is also going to do double duty as it's my entry in the Nail Polish Canada Easter contest; if you are interested in voting, please go here and vote for your favourite!


I've never used flocking powder before so wasn't sure how it was for coverage, so I started with a thin coat of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Doing each finger individually, I applied a clear coat on the nail then sprinkled the flocking powder on my nails (except the thumb which I dipped into the pot but think it was too heavy).  I did this on top of a piece of paper and then took a fan brush and removed any excess onto the paper.  When I was done, put the excess back into the flocking pot.  

See on my thumb near the right side, about half way, how thick it is? That's why I sprinkled on the rest!  

Stamped using FUN black stamping polish using MoYou Festive-09 (ring, middle and thumb), Nailways Springtime 0006 (pinky) and Bunny Nails HD-b (index).  The pink is Mundo de Unas #15.  The second, lower bunny on the pinky didn't stamp that well and I did most of it by brush lol!


MoYou Festive-09






Added a bit more colour using Mundo de Unas #15 to finish.


As much as I loved the look of this, I didn't have great wear with this.  Less than 24 hours, this is what my nails looked like.  I found that almost instantly, when I washed my hands or dried them on a towel, the black smudged off and got progressively worse until there was nothing left!  I don't know if a different black stamping polish would have better overall results as clearly, the pink stayed on well.  I'll have to try it again to see!  I had no problem getting the flocking powder off; removal was just as easy as regular polish which was a plus!


Here's the other ladies Day 2 texture mani's; be sure to check them out!

An InLinkz Link-up

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute <3 And aww poor smudged dirty bunnies at the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that it didn't hold up, because it was adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about the wear but I'm dying of the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fluff! Super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was soooooo cute! (too bad for the wear but really nice-looking!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright, so maybe not the best choice for longevity... otherwise spot on the dot perfect for easter! This mani is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute but sucks that it didnt last long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i didnt even know you could stamp on flocking - awesome! and this mani is adorable, even if it didnt last~

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative to stamp over flocking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I didn't know you could stamp on flocking powder. Must try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, they didn't wear well at all - BUT, the design is super cute, so that just completely over rules!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I feel the need to go and eat carrots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!